Manage episode 254650150 series 2508230
We’re back with a new episode after a week of exhausting President’s Day and National Sticky Bun Day celebrations. In today’s episode, Greg shares some Feats of Strength, along with an announcement about how to participate in a Reddit Program Party featuring his new program, Average to Savage 2.0. This episode also features discussions about two new articles on the website; one article discusses everything lifters would want to know about antioxidants, and the other discusses which factors influence injury risk in powerlifters. After that, we discuss some research about muscle protein synthesis and links between artificial sweeteners and stroke risk, followed by some Q&A questions. We also debut a new segment called “On the Rise,” in which we showcase up-and-coming creators of fitness content that are worth a follow. Finally, to close out the show, Greg shares some cooking-related information, then I totally upstage and outshine him with my spicy chicken recipe.
Preparing for Leap Day (0:00:53).
Announcement: Reddit Program Party, featuring Average to Savage 2.0 (0:01:32).
Happy President’s Day and National Sticky Bun Day from the Stronger By Science Family (0:03:22).
Feats of Strength (0:04:47).
SBS Article Discussion: “Antioxidants for Lifters: A Review of the Evidence” (0:10:17).
SBS Article Discussion: “What Factors Influence Injury Risk in Powerlifters? (Injury series, Part 3)” (0:36:57).
Artificial Sweeteners and Risk of Stroke and Dementia (0:51:04).
Quick Research Review about factors influencing muscle protein synthesis (1:08:05)
- Study title: The effect of sleep restriction, with or without high‐intensity interval exercise, on myofibrillar protein synthesis in healthy young men.
- Link: https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP278828?fbclid=IwAR0rI37tD9XvmnkVCmknqqsRzZSLobHkQ4QPIyqFv_qq2A1XanfHYWpENlE.
- Does mouthwash affect blood pressure and muscle pumps by altering nitric oxide production? (1:21:09).
- What is Greg’s stance on the conjugate method for raw lifters? How would he adjust it, if necessary, for a raw lifter? (1:24:45).
- Is it okay to mix your creatine drink the night before you drink it? (1:35:50).
New segment: On the Rise (1:39:55).
- Meghan Callaway: https://www.instagram.com/meghancallaway
To Play Us Out: Dueling Cooking Tips (1:45:41).
- Greg’s attempt: Cooking with mushrooms.
- Eric’s triumph: Easy spicy chicken recipe.