Manage episode 324772514 series 2827088
Bustin' Out of Breast Cancer
New Episodes released Wednesdays at 7:00 am EST
EP 157-Straight Talk with Jaimie Sherling-2x Thriver, Founder of YDY Sweets, and Author of "From Queens to QUEENS: How the Madison Drag Community Saved Her Life."
Jaimie is a 2x Breast Cancer Thriver who chose to go flat after her first diagnosis and also launched YDY, Sweets!
YDY, Sweets is an attitude. A lifestyle!
The vision began with a breast cancer diagnosis. Founder Jaimie Sherling had a double mastectomy in June 2018. Frustrated with the lack of clothing to fit her new body shape, she reached out to her sister survivors and designed a line of clothing for herself and other thrivers who chose to go flat. YDY, Sweets Originals clothing line launched in September 2020.
In September 2021, Jaimie's memoir From Queens to QUEENS: How the Madison Drag Community Saved My Life was published.
Always remember, You Do You, Sweets.
Important topics in this episode:
● How she found out about her first breast cancer diagnosis
● The rare mutation she found out she had
● How she was inspired to launch YDY, Sweets
● Her book, "From Queens to QUEENS: How the Madison Drag Community Saved Her Life."
● The irony of where she works
Ways to reach Jaimie to view her line, get her book, and connect:
HER BOOK: " From Queens to QUEENS: How the Madison Drag Community Saved Her Life."
Where do you like to hang out on social media? Come find me and let's get to know each other.
● Follow me on Instagram (and then send me a DM and say Hi:)
● Follow me on Facebook (and then send me a DM to say Hi:)
If you would like to be a guest on my podcast, know someone who would be a great guest, or have a specific topic you'd like to hear, please email me at SMILE@shannonburrows.com.