Manage episode 287989685 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Erica Fortune, SVP of eCommerce at Big Lots!, the neighborhood discount retailer with over 1,400 locations. Erica's team is responsible for e-Commerce, Mobile, Product Management, User Experience (UX), Site Merchandising, Front End Development (FED), Web Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Online Operations and Customer Care.
Erica answers these questions posed to her:
- Would you share a bit about your professional journey and ultimately what excited you about joining BIG LOTS? Also, what has it been like leading eCommerce in the midst of this pandemic?
- BIG LOTS! Just released its Q4 results, reporting e-commerce and omnichannel platforms delivered sales growth over 130%. Clearly, the last 12 months have been a big change for your group’s contribution to performance. Are you focused on more “big” things in eCommerce for 2021?
- What are some of the major priorities for user experience that your team is focused on delivering for the enterprise? How do you consider “build” vs. “buy” in the process?
- How do you collaborate with brands to contribute content for your site and what are the key content drivers of search? Are they able to access PDPs through 3rd party PIMs?
- How customer feedback like product ratings & reviews contribute to customer engagement?
- Can you walk us through some of the thinking behind these various commerce options you have established?
- In order to work with Instacart, what are the actual deliverables you need to feed them for your assortment to appear on their marketplace? How do you ensure your private brands in particular can succeed on their marketplace?
- In November, BIG LOTS! Was named the top omnichannel retailer, recognized for your omnichannel capabilities, including a number of recent customer service innovations in both brick-and-mortar stores and online. What are some of the key factors that your team delivered against that you think won you this recognition?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.