Manage episode 311071162 series 3082332
I had to jump in on this viral clip that went out from a college football player that was upset about a "lack of buy-in" that was hurting their team.
So many athletes and coaches talk about the importance of buy-in of all involved in order for a team to be successful. The problem, however, is that buy-in has remained an illusion and unteachable for so many.
Most struggle to fully buy-in, leaders get frustrated because others buy-in and it remains an ambiguous and confusing concept. The video (you can watch the video version here) I created and now, this podcast episode, clears all of that up by bringing in the research on what buy-in truly is, why it is so crucial to success of teams and leaving you with 2 important tools to ensure that buy-in happens with your teams.
I love jumping on to these videos that go viral of passionate athletes that are struggling with cultivating high-states of accountability on their teams and this one was juicy for our research on ditching the drama around buy-in to help out.
So for all of my athletes, coaches and parents of athletes out there - I'd love for you to pass this on with ANYONE you think it could help. EVERY single team at any level I work with talks extensively about the importance of buy-in, but they do not know specifically how to teach it and ensure that it is happening. This episode can be a resource to clarify all of that moving forward.
For those in the corporate space you will find some great lessons from this example as well.
If you loved this clip, I broke down another amazing speech from a North Carolina college basketball player that was given an amazing call to greatness that changed the entire course of his career here. This video helps you understand the brain science and why that was such a powerful moment as well!
Topics covered in the episode are:
- What does it mean to TRULY buy-in to a team, program or organization?
- Why is their "No Third Option" when it comes to buying in?
- What to do if some people just don't know any better about why buy-in is important?
- Tools to facilitate individuals to choose to buy-in or not
- The best ways to set standards and get clear on "are you in or are you out?" when it comes to buy-in
- How the 4 factors of accountability can helps us understand why it is impossible to "hold people accountable" that are never TRULY committed in the first place.
- Why conditions on our buy-in leave us never fully committed and frustrated with our experience.
For more of my videos and behind-the-scenes footage of my keynotes and speaking engagements check out my YouTube Channel.
If you'd love for me to speak at your next event you can check out my Speaker's Page to learn more.
Let's keep ditching the drama.