Manage episode 292944255 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Nik Modi, Managing Director at RBC Capital Markets, where he oversees the coverage of the Beverage and Household Personal Care sectors.
Follow RBC Capital online at: https://www.rbccm.com/en/
Follow RBC Capital on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rbc-capital-markets/
Nik answers these questions:
- In February, the annual CAGNY conference took place. I assume you look forward to this event, what role do you play in prep, being at and leveraging the event? Is there a blueprint you like for presenters to follow?
- What are your general impressions coming out of CAGNY. What does this mean to a financial analyst like you?
- The pandemic had a major impact in the consumer goods space, particularly in consumables as people spent less time in an office or out shopping/dining and more time at home. We would love your perspective on how you see the consumer goods space post-pandemic in terms of channel sales including DTC and the growing power of marketplaces like Instacart, Drizly and even Walmart not to mention Amazon. Plus how do you counsel Consumer goods manufacturers on the post-Covid comp year forecasts that they are facing?
- What are new GTM innovations that are intriguing you in consumer goods retailing? (floating amazon warehouse, Nuro, Robomart, Fed Ex same day bot, etc)
- Given GDPR, CCPA and other privacy initiatives, what do you see as the future of consumer’s access to their own data and the impact on manufacturers & retailers?
- How do you view the future of growth in this space - click & collect, pureplay, DTC, home delivery - what are your concerns on the fulfillment aspect of this and are you tracking it?
- What do you view as the new consumer engagement model - are there specific missed opportunities you see?
- Performance & purpose - how do you view these, how do you expect companies to connect these and how do you reward purpose?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.