Manage episode 267286082 series 1318952
On the show today, we’re talking with Michael Silverman, Managing Director of the Samantha Brands Group, or SBG for short. SBG is an investor group that helps promising consumer brands quickly scale and develop into enduring household names, and in talking with Michael, we get a glimpse into how SBG makes it happen.
Michael is a brilliant guy who knows the business of CPG as well as any guest we’ve ever interviewed. His firm has successfully scaled brands like Wild Made Snacks and Tres Latin Foods, maker of the Pupusas that are near and dear to my heart. We dive deep into some of the commonly shared notions around marketing and distribution strategy, and why much of what you’re hearing around making it big may actually be leading you down a slow, painful path of destruction.
This is only scratching the surface, but in today’s episode, you’ll learn
- What so many fledgling consumer brands get wrong about distribution strategy
- Why your brand-building efforts may not be adding value to the bottom line
- What marketing channels have the biggest impact on product turn
- And plenty more
Recommended Reading & Listening
- What Didn’t Kill You - Michael’s Podcast
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Find out more about the Samantha Brands Group and Associated Brands: