Manage episode 293618930 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable Podcast welcomes Edniesha Curry as the guest of the roundtable. Coach Curry is an Assistant Coach for the University of Maine men's basketball team. Prior to joining the men's program at Maine, Coach Curry worked in the NBA G League, NBA Draft Combine and overseas in Vietnam, China, Israel among others. A former standout at the University of Oregon during her playing days, she was drafted into the WNBA and was an accomplished player for the Phoenix Mercury and LA Sparks along with teams overseas.
Topics discussed at the Roundtable
- Pressure felt being a woman coaching on the men's side of NCAA Division 1
- How white coaches can be more of an ally for woman coaches of color?
- Using the legacy of her father to shape her own legacy.
- Difference between coaching both the woman's and men's programs at the same institution.
- Building culture at the University of Maine
- What are the most important analytics that you for and use in coaching?
- What are the new analytical numbers that people are focusing on?
- What did you learn about yourself and basketball from your time overseas?
- What books are you reading now that are helping you shape yourself?
- What would be the title of the next chapter in your life?
Sitting at the Roundtable
- Ben Newman - Host
- Elle Greene - Head Coach - BCAM HS, Brooklyn, NY
- Sean Clores - Assistant Coach - Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
- Marc Skelton - Head Coach - Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom HS, Bronx, NY Author of Pounding the Rock: Basketball Dreams & Real Life in a Bronx HS