Manage episode 293618929 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable Podcast with guest Corin 'Tiny' Adams. Coach Adams is an Assistant coach at Loyola University Maryland and is one of two female assistant coaches on the men's side of NCAA Division 1. Tiny was a well decorated player at Morgan State where she is the all-time leading scorer, assists and steals in school history. After graduating Adams headed abroad where she would continue her career at the professional level with stops in Portugal, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Sweden, Czech Republic, Chile, Switzerland, Poland, Romania, Greece and Puerto Rico. She also an entrepreneur and author.
Topics discussed at the Roundtable
- What is the biggest mistake you made and what did you do to overcome it?
- What is the biggest difference between being a video coordinator position and the assistant coaching position you are in now?
- How do you put together your scouting reports?
- Do you feel added pressure being a female coach being on the men's side?
- How has the role as a entrepreneur shifted since taking you position as assistant coach?
- What was your experience of being player/coach like and how did it lead you back to getting a degree in Journalism?
- What are you writing in your journals?
- What are the stats you keep on the bench?
- What are the principles that will be the foundation of your team when you become a head coach?
- What are some of the behaviors as a coach that you don't want to be?
- How much has growing up in Brooklyn shaped the player and coach you are now?
- What is your biggest weakness as a coach?
- How has your relationship with Edniesha Curry of University of Maine evolved as the only two female coaches on the men's side of Division 1?
- Do you think someone that followed your path could make it as far as you did in today's game and era?
- How did your relationship with your mom help you with getting through your setbacks?
- What is the title of the final chapter in your book?
Sitting at the Roundtable
- Ben Newman - Host
- Elle Greene - Head Coach - BCAM HS, Brooklyn, NY