Manage episode 289682163 series 2663324
We recently had the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza in Yucatán, Mexico. It was an incredible experience, but, being archaeologists, we of course came away with more questions than were answered! In this episode we give a brief overview Mayan civilization, including Chichen Itza, and then talk about our experience on an incredibly touristy tour! The take away is, do a little research ahead of time (like listening to this podcast!) to help prepare yourself before visiting the site!
- Chichen Itza (Park website)
- Chichen Itza
- The Sunlight Effect of Kukulcan or the History of a line
- Pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza (UNESCO)
- Chichen Itza (Britannica)
- Roadster Adventures
- Chris Webster
Please Visit Our Sponsors!
- Archaeology Southwest Cafe: https://www.archaeologysouthwest.org/things-to-do/cafe/