Manage episode 293618938 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable podcast with David Muchnick, assistant coach at NYU. Coach Muchnick has over 15 years of coaching experience all at the Division 3 level. Coach Muchnick started his coaching career in 2004 at D3 State University of New York Cortland, then moving onto Denison University, Merchant Marines, Maine Maritime and John Jay College.
Questions answered at the roundtable
- What do you love about Division 3 basketball?
- How does the level of the school play into the recruitment of an athlete
- What coaches have had the most impact on you?
- How do you want to be remembered by your players?
- What makes a good assistant coach?
- What obstacles did you face when taking over Head Coaching responsibilities mid-season?
- What do you need to run a successful Division 3 college basketball program?
- Which offense system do you like the best and why?
- What are the differences (advantages/disadvantages) in D3 recruitment between public and private institutions?
Sitting at the roundtable today:
- Ben Newman - Host
- Elle Greene - Head Coach, BCAM HS, Brooklyn, NY
- Jay Griffin - Assistant Coach, John Jay College, New York, NY