Manage episode 292666171 series 2663324
This week on The Archaeology show, we discuss 3 recently published Archaeology Articles and stories in the news. First, Neanderthals are back in the news, again! It seems like there is something new about Neanderthals, and this time it is the discovery of 9 individuals with gnawed bones found in an Italian cave. Second, new research uses chemistry to identify beer and wine residue in ancient Sicilian jars. And finally, new research looking at the diet composition of ancient humans, as compared with modern humans.
- Gnawed bones of 9 Neanderthals found in Italian cave
- How Scientists and Archeologists Trace Beer and Wine through Antiquity
- Chemical evidence for the persistence of wine production and trade in Early Medieval Islamic Sicily
- A global carbon and nitrogen isotope perspective on modern and ancient human diet
- Chris Webster email@example.com