Manage episode 289409930 series 2663586
We are excited to share with you our conversation with Labour MP Ellie Reeves, who represents Lewisham West and Penge and is also Shadow Solicitor General.
In this episode of Portrait of a Londoner, Muna speaks with Ellie Reeves MP about politics and life in parliament, and how they impact the lives of Londoners.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Ellie’s journey into politics and how and why she became an MP (0:50)
- Equality and the realities of parliament for female MPs (4.00)
- Diversity in parliament: the current status and the changes still needing to be made (7.15)
- Ellie’s work as Shadow Solicitor General to help support women who are victims of sexual violence (10.25)
- Questions from our listeners on some of the most pressing issues for Lewisham including emissions and the death of nine-year-old Ella Kissi-Debrah, racial inequality, and support for asylum seekers (14.40)
- What Ellie loves about where she lives in South East London (21.45)
- How Ellie’s parents have influenced her (23.10)
- Advice for women and girls on becoming more involved in politics (23.50)
Find out more about Ellie’s work as an MP through her Twitter @elliereeves and Instagram @elliereevesmp
Be part of the conversation
We’d love to know, which issues are most important to you and where you live?
Find us on Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are completely self funded so if you would like to support us we would be extremely grateful: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=34411265
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast! If you’ve enjoyed this episode, why not send it to a friend?