Manage episode 294358336 series 2886156
He emphasized the fact that a lot of small businesses only exchange products and services for 💵, and that there are so many other businesses that do that exact same thing...
After that, we then talked about how people can start treating their own music careers as actual businesses and what separates those who are succeeding in music from those who aren't.
The main thing that Rick sees with those who are succeeding is the fact that they understand the fundamentals of the industry AND have built foundations for themselves.
Here's what that looks like...👇
- 📝 understanding and properly collecting publishing
- 💽 using tools like Sound Exchange to claim your streaming royalties
- 📲 putting your music to work for you by releasing it on the right platforms (instead of leaving it in storage where it won't be able to collect royalties for you...)
After reading all this, do you feel like you've correctly built the foundation for your music career?
- Sign up for a FREE producer training at: https://midimoney.com/go
- Connect with Rick Barker on Instagram: @rickbarkermusic
- Connect with Rick Barker on YouTube: Rick Barker
- Website: https://rickbarker.com
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube:
Please subscribe, rate, and review our podcast. Thank you for your support!