Becoming... Award-winning Producers, Writers and Actors Fiona and Sophia Robert (Feature films: "The Country Club," "A View of the World from Fifth Avenue")
Manage episode 367043462 series 3300374
Fiona and Sophia Robert are Producers, Writers, and Actors who have written roles for themselves in two feature films: The Country Club and A View of the World from Fifth Avenue. While The Country Club is available to stream right now, A View of the World from Fifth Avenue was cast by Mentor Julie Schubert and just premiered at Bentonville Film Festival.
Robert Sisters Pictures is an award-winning film production company founded in 2018. Created by sisters Fiona and Sophia Robert, the team writes, produces, directs, and stars in their films. TAll Robert Sisters productions aim to have an inclusive and gender-balanced crew behind the scenes, earning their second feature film, A VIEW OF THE WORLD FROM FIFTH AVENUE, the ReFrame stamp of approval. The Robert Sisters’ first feature, THE COUNTRY CLUB played five festivals taking home “Best Feature Comedy” upon its premiere at the Manhattan Film Festival and the “Marlyn Mason First Prize“ at Flicker’s Rhode Island Film Festival. The film was sold to Good Deed Entertainment for domestic distribution, and Archstone for International Sales. It will be released worldwide June 2023. The Robert Sisters’ second feature, A VIEW OF THE WORLD FROM FIFTH AVENUE will world premiere as one of twelve films in Narrative Competition at Bentonville Film Festival June 2023 founded by Geena Davis.
In this episode, we talk about:
• When they decided to make your own production company and was it before or after they wrote The Country Club?
• The story behind writing their first feature film The Country Club
• Their process for writing a film together and their steps towards pre-production of a feature film
• Lessons that they took to their second feature film from first film
• Made A View of the World from Fifth Avenue in just over a year with recent premiere at Bentonville Film Festival
• Sophia being directed by her sister Fiona and Fiona’s directing tips she’s learned along the way
• Tips for actors on their self tapes
• What the ReFrame Stamp of Approval is and why it’s important for them to promote equity
• Working with Casting Directors Julie Schubert and Kate Gifford to cast their films
Episodes we talk about: Becoming... Emmy winning Casting Director Julie Schubert and Becoming... Legendary Acting Coach Bob Krakower and Becoming... Executive Vice President at Maven Screen Media Jenny Halper ("The Kindergarten Teacher," "A Mouthful of Air")
If you like this episode, check out:
Ads: Check out The Actor's Retreat by the Casting Director's Cut for schedule and ticket information. The Actor's Retreat (Comedy) is a 2 days of virtual Acting Masterclasses. Classes include Improv Master Class with Ian Roberts (Co-Founder of UCB), Ace Your Self Tape: Comedy with Erica S. Bream, CSA & Cara Chute Rosenbaum, CSA, and Comedy Master Class with Larry Moss. There will also be various workshops perfect for actors like Morning Pages from The Artist’s Way and Hypnosis for Actors: Using Hypnotherapy to Reach an Optimal Mindset.