Manage episode 305099521 series 108988
In this infomercial on Microsoft, our hosts discuss the infamous Halloween documents ('tis the season after all), a set of ancient scrolls dating back more than twenty years and giving an overview of the behemoth's then strategy on open source and how to possibly combat it. But fear not, ye of little faith :-), all is well now as the episode shows also the long way Microsoft has come since then and its adoption (and giving back!) as an enterprise technology.
Plus: How to increase your market cap by using FLOSS. And last but not least: The Dark Side is back by popular demand! With a special episode on the usual Halloween stuff including vampires, Transylvania, politicians, QAnon, Zoom, Teams and other horror topics (Ever wondered what happened to Angela Merkel after she stepped down as Germany's chancelorette in 2021? Then don't miss out on this episode!).
- Little Britain: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2zd
- SCO Group: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO_Group
- SCO vs. IBM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO_Group,_Inc._v._International_Business_Machines_Corp.
- Halloween documents: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents
- Microsoft and open source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_and_open_source
- Monsters of Man: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6456326
- Breeders: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeders_(TV_series)
- Permanent penis for the Welsh Dragon: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9932657/Hilarious-campaigners-demand-famous-red-dragon-given-permanent-penis-Welsh-flags.html