Old News, New Tipping
Manage episode 358889552 series 3420706
Hartley asks Kevin to comment on some notes he wrote down three years ago which leads to Kevin recalling our flirtation with economic disaster. We receive Kevin's advice on how to best handle our finances and Hartley encourages us to suffer.
- Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. —John 12:24
- Dialogue is quoted from a 1994 NBC television episode of Seinfeld entitled The Marine Biologist written by Larry David, Jerry Seinfeld, and Ron Hauge.
- Books mentioned in this Podcast:
- The Wilderness Within You: A Lenten Journey with Jesus, Deep in Conversation | Penelope Wilcock | 2013, 192pp. | Publisher: Lion Hudson Limited.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow | Daniel Kahneman | 2013, 499pp. | Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Kevin references the web site https://www.marketwatch.com
- Song Lyrics (adapted) mentioned by Hartley: Rainy Days and Mondays composed in 1971 by Roger Nichols and Paul Williams
- Lectionary Readings for Week 5 of Lent: Ezekiel 37:1-14 | Psalm 130 | Romans 8:6-11 | John 11:1-45
- Reflection Questions:
- What needs to die in me in order for the will of God to come forth in my life?
- What new thing is God doing in my liar that requires some old things to pass away?
- Where do I sense God wanting to teach me obedience through the things I am suffering?
What do you think?
Tweet™ to us | @FaithMoneyBomb
Leave a comment via Email | email@example.com
- Sounds by Zapsplat.
- Announcer: Dr. K.J. Wright
- Podcast Theme: Catch It Music by Coma-Media from Pixabay
- Disclaimer Theme: Night Bossa by OYStudio from Pixabay
- Date of Episode Capture: March 22, 2023