Manage episode 257661447 series 1341998
On this episode, we go Beyond The Whistle with Kyle Adams, Associate Head Women's Basketball Coach at the University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff. Kyle also has his own consulting firm, It's Bigger Than The Ball, where Kyle works with coaches, educators and organizations to provide transformative learning experiences for the next generation of leaders.
During our conversation, Kyle and I discuss:
- My high school days playing in Pine Bluff's King Cotton Holiday Classic high school basketball tournament, which has come back after being dormant for many years.
- Kyle and his team's experience learning about the cancellation of remaining conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament due to COVID-19.
- How their program is working as a staff, communicating with their players and recruiting during the pandemic.
- How his transition from coaching men to coaching women helped him grow as a man.
- The difference between a "transactional" coach and a "transformational" coach.
- Building a team culture that creates champion individuals and leads to championship teams.
- The job of a leader is not to create followers, but to create more leaders.
Connect with Kyle Adams
- Website: It's Bigger Than The Ball
- Podcast: It's Bigger Than The Ball Podcast
- Twitter: @coachka20
- LinkedIn: Kyle Adams
Connect with Odell