Manage episode 333717037 series 2367502
Episode #17 – How Much Time Should You Spend On Social Media Marketing Weekly
We’ve been talking a lot about social media as a marketing strategy in recent episodes. So today I want to answer the question that I’ve been getting, and that’s. “How much time do you actually need to spend doing social media every week?”
In this episode of the 401k Best Practices (Ask the Experts) podcast, I’m sharing my recommendation for how much time you should be spending on social media each week.
- A study posted by Michael Kitces states the typical advisor is spending 14-20% of their time on marketing (8-10 hours a week)
- An article on Tony Vidler’s site says top producers, (elite advisors) are spending as much as 70% of their time on marketing (and have much higher annual revenue growth goals)
- I suggest 4 times a week, spend an hour (for a total of 4 hours a week) when you’re first getting started
- 1/3 of that time should be spent growing your following
- 2/3 of that time should be posting and engaging and responding to comments, etc.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Kitces Blog Post – How Do Financial Advisors Actually Spend Their Time And The Limitations Of Productivity?
- Tony Vidler Blog Post – How much TIME do super-successful advisers spend on marketing?
- The VIP Resource Library where you’ll find Free Template Tuesday downloads – this week’s Social Media Downloads:
- 12 done-for-you social media graphics for July (along with the text to post along with the graphic)
- a sample July posting calendar
- 20 ideas of what to post on social media
Read the article version of this topic here.
Or watch the YouTube Video here (coming soon).
Don't miss out on all the strategies we'll be sharing in the future. Subscribe via iTunes to get access to future episodes and don't forget to leave a rating in iTunes. It helps more people find the show.
Disclaimer: The information provided in these videos is for professional use only and not for use with plan sponsors or plan participants.