Manage episode 276421255 series 2508230
If you’d like to receive Research Roundup emails, please sign up for our email list at https://www.strongerbyscience.com/newsletter/.
To join in on the SBS conversation, check out our new Facebook group and subreddit.
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/StrongerByScienceCommunity.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Good news (0:02:33).
Feats of Strength (0:08:43).
Research Review: High-protein diets and kidney function (0:09:58).
Research Review: Dietary cholesterol and training adaptations (0:48:57).
Is there a simple way to judge if I'm gaining too much fat during a bulk? (1:29:14).
When we talk about CNS fatigue, what are we actually talking about mechanistically? Is there anything we can specifically do to improve CNS recovery? (1:41:52).
Rapid fire for Eric (1:55:56):
- Is there any benefit regarding creatine cycling?
- What's your take on supplementing with leucine at every meal to optimize MPS?
- Does the effect of citrulline malate decrease with continuous use?
- If you are supplementing with collagen to help repair soft tissue and possibly mitigate pain, do you think it would be beneficial to antagonize the problem areas during your workouts to elicit an inflammatory response?
- For body comp and performance purposes, what are your thoughts on “behavior based” dietary interventions, rather than focusing solely on macro targets?
- Should athletes focused on cutting weight in a caloric deficit be worried about micronutrient deficiency?
To play us out: Off-topic question (2:04:46).
Given how you both train, what’s the biggest animal you think you could fight with caveman technology and win?