Manage episode 261816423 series 2508230
In today’s episode, Greg and Eric sit down for an interview with Molly Galbraith and Marika Hart from Girls Gone Strong. The conversation covers a wide range of female-specific lifting topics, including pelvic health, resistance training during and after pregnancy, and more. If you are a female lifter, or train female lifters, this interview is full of incredibly useful (and potentially surprising) information that isn’t discussed nearly as frequently as it should be.
Pelvic health (incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic floor dysfunction, and more) (0:00:49).
Unbelievable prevalence statistics related to pelvic health in female athletes (0:15:26).
Lifting and pregnancy: First trimester (0:39:38).
Lifting and pregnancy: Second trimester (0:55:00).
Lifting and pregnancy: Third trimester (1:02:31).
Lifting and pregnancy: After childbirth (1:09:57).
Other “blind spots” that male coaches should know about (1:27:51).
Contact information and resources (1:35:15).
Links to resources:
Guidelines for pre- and postnatal exercise:
- Canadian guidelines for exercise in pregnancy/postnatal period: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/21/1339.
- BJSM/IOC guidelines for exercise in pregnancy for recreational and elite athletes: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/50/10/571.
Free resources for continued learning:
- GGS Free 5-day course: What You Must Know About Pelvic Health: https://go.girlsgonestrong.com/pelvic-health-free-course.
- GGS Free 5-day course: Exercises Your Clients Should Do and Avoid During and After Pregnancy: https://go.girlsgonestrong.com/cppc-free-course-exercises-do-avoid.
- Podcast: Women's Health Podcast with Marika Hart and Antony Lo: https://womenshealthpodcast.info/.
- Free FB Group: GGS Coaching & Training Women: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GGSCoachingandTrainingWomen/.
Paid resource for continued learning:
- Certification: Girls Gone Strong's Pre- & Postnatal Coaching Certification: http://girlsgonestrong.com/cppc.