Manage episode 289439674 series 2508230
Greg and Eric are back for Season 4! This episode begins with a big announcement about what Greg and Eric have been up to (0:01:17), followed by some Good News (0:06:11) and Feats of Strength (0:19:49). After that, Eric discusses some new research that appears to vindicate plant-based proteins (0:28:48), and Greg discusses new research about how BMI, fat mass, and fat-free mass relate to mortality risk (0:49:03). They close out the show with some practical tips from a Coach’s Corner segment (1:15:33), a few miscellaneous Q&As (1:20:12), and some cooking info to wrap up the episode (2:13:58).
- If you’d like to receive Research Roundup emails, please sign up for our email list.
- To join in on the SBS conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit
- Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
We’ve been building a diet app! (0:01:17).
Good news (0:06:11).
Feats of Strength (0:19:49).
Research Review (0:28:48).
- Plant proteins revisited:
- Relation of body fat mass and fat-free mass to total mortality (0:49:03):
How your Myers-Briggs score dictates your intermittent fasting protocol (1:03:16).
Very brief p-ratio update (1:13:46).
Coach’s Corner (1:15:33).
Do mouthguards impact performance? (1:20:58).
What are the connections between flexibility and hypertrophy or strength training? (1:24:44).
Is ATP supplementation effective for performance enhancement? (1:36:34).
Is phosphatidic acid supplementation effective? (1:40:40).
Are sugar-sweetened beverages inherently bad for health? (1:49:26).
Does neck strength influence concussion risk? (1:56:33).
Should volume, intensity, and/or frequency of training be titrated based on whether one is cutting or bulking? (2:04:51).
To Play Us Out: Olive oil blondies of Sohla El-Waylly (2:13:58): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQk9JmtJ2Fc
Check Greg’s Instagram for macro-friendly meal prep recipes: https://www.instagram.com/gregnuckols/