Manage episode 302445639 series 2982951
To kick-off our second year of podcasting, Robert Tracinski is back with us to discuss two of his recent essays. Plus, we discuss some books like, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Echo. America's Revolutionary Mind, by Brad Thompson, and bizarrely, a book called, How the Irish Became White, by Noel Ignatiev. Then we briefly talk about another bizarre happening, how American evangelicals embraced the womanizing, narcissistic, loud-mouth Donald Trump.
Show notes with links to articles, blog posts, products and services:
- Our Darkening Age
- The Name of the Rose (book)
- The Name of the Rose (film)
- How the Irish became white?
- America's Revolutionary Mind: A Moral History of the American Revolution and the Declaration That Defined It
- Robert Tracinski's articles on Discourse Magazine
- The New Racial Politics Is Rooted in Old Anti-Capitalism