Is South Africa facing a Food security crisis? What has Shapeshifter, Brett Dawson (Former CEO of Dimension Data) founder of Campan bee up to?
Manage episode 298010783 series 1375801
Sandile Zungu, President of Black Business Council shares his takes from a meeting that that place between 90 CEOs and business leaders with President Ramaphosa following a week of looting and anarchy. Wandile Sihlobo, economist with Agricultural Business Chamber analyses some of the food security issues South Africa faces. Brett Dawson, (DiData’s ex-CEO) founder of Campan and Chairman of Free2Cycle talks about his career path and optimism he has on South Africa’s business sector despites its wrinkles.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. 90 CEOs and business leaders meet with SA's leader, President Ramaphosa. Guest: Sandile Zungu | President at Black Business Council| (00:00:00)
2. Is SA's centre really holding. Guest: JP Landman | Political & Trend Analyst (00:06:21)
3. Dealing with South Africa’s Supply Shock . Guest: Dr Martyn Davies | Managing Director of Emerging Markets & Africa and Dean of Deloitte Alchemy School of Management at Deloitte (00:12:15)
4. Market Commentary . Guest: Chris Steward | Portfolio Manager at Ninety One (00:18:10)
5. SA's food security in crisis? . Guest: Wandile Sihlobo | Economist at Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz)| (00:25:00)
6. Thank a Healthcare Worker, Support a Restaurant. Guest: Dr Nceba Ndzwayiba | healthcare worker at Netcare (00:29:26)
7. Business Unusual - Space no longer the final frontier, just the next one. Guest: Colin Cullis | Product Owner at Primedia Broadcasting (00:38:34)
8. Consumer Ninja - Skyrocketing food prices - profiteering or something else. Guest: Wendy Knowler (00:53:13)
9. Shapeshifter - Brett Dawson - Founder of Campan and Chairman of Free2Cycle . Guest: Brett Dawson | Former CEO of Dimension Data and Chairman at Gather Online| (01:02:10)