Manage episode 298429222 series 2615649
How aligned are you as a leader with your team? To become aligned with your team as a leader requires an environment where everyone is heard and allowed to be part of the decision-making process.
In this episode of the Legendary Leaders Podcast, we have Patty Beach, a coach specializing in leadership development, an organizational development consultant, and the founder of LeadershipSmarts. She combines leadership best practices and coaching to transform managers into the best leaders ever and executives into inspirational role models that can scale and grow the company.
Listen in to learn how to balance both your feminine and masculine energy as a leader to create alignment. You will also learn how you can improve your relationship with people by giving them radiant attention.
- How both women and men can use their feminine and masculine instincts to make leadership better.
- How to use the principles of alignment to create an environment for everyone to be heard.
- How to accelerate ideas execution by allowing people to be part of the decision-making process.
If you enjoyed this episode, check out the video show notes and SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST on Apple Podcasts.
- [0:41] Intro
- [4:14] How Patty helps people get connected in leadership and find their true calling.
- [5:36] She describes her experience working in the oil and gas industry.
- [11:54] Why you need a balance in both your masculine and feminine powers in leadership.
- [16:03] How to let go of ego and invite people to participate in your ideas during team meetings.
- [19:04] The foundational values you need to have as a leader to allow for natural alignment.
- [24:02] The processes of building a common language and discipline with your team.
- [28:55] The benefits of getting people to be part of the decision-making process.
- [34:08] The power of alignment in helping an organization achieve diversity and inclusion.
- [39:40] How Patty personally aligns with her goals by paying attention to her feelings.
- [47:15] How to improve the relationship quality you have with your team to become allies.
- [54:13] Give people radiant attention to improve the quality of human connection.
- “Both men and women have more freedom to use their masculine survival instincts and their feminine survival instincts in leadership to be better leaders.”- Patty Beach [9:09]
- “The accumulation of power is more masculine, and the distribution of power is more feminine.”- Patty Beach [13:01]
- “Every voice matter; when you bring people in a room, you want to value every single person.”- Patty Beach [19:09]
- “When I felt truly aligned, I felt at ease and that I could tackle anything.”- Cathleen Merkel [44:34]
Find | Cathleen Merkel
On Instagram: @CathleenMerkel
On Facebook: @CathleenMerkelCoaching
On LinkedIn: @CathleenMerkel
Find | Patty Beach
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pattybeach/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pgbeach
On Twitter: @versatilityf
On Instagram: @pgreenski
Book: The Art of Alignment: A Practical Guide for Inclusive Leadership and the Versatility Factor Profile - https://amzn.to/3cw3ghV
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST On Apple Podcasts.
As a Thought Leader in the Mindset & (Self-) Leadership space, Cathleen supports high achieving, but worn-out women create a more content & balanced life without sacrificing their hard-earned success. Following a simple 6 step framework, she helps you not only reconnect with your inner feminine side; Cathleen also supports you to rediscover your REAL YOU!
Cathleen focuses on women who lost their sense of purpose, who feel they are running in a hamster wheel, trying to please everyone but themselves. She helps you to turn your careers, your social connections and personal life around so that you will start feeling fulfilled and excited again about the days to come.
At the end of the process, Cathleen's clients will feel healthier, happier, energised and clear about their future.
With over 15 years of leadership experience in Retail, Media & Broadcasting, Engineering and Property Investment, Cathleen has not only experienced the challenges and opportunities of a female leader herself; she has also been leading and supporting various leadership development initiatives within large, complex, multinational matrix organisations.
Only by deeply experiencing her very personal life challenges – ‘hitting a wall experiences’ –Cathleen was able to redefine her own purpose, deciding to bring ease and content to as many women as possible on the planet!
Tune in here:
About Patty Beach
Patty Beach is the CEO of LeadershipSmarts, a firm that combines leadership best practices and coaching to help managers and executives build a better world in a better way. Her approach to leadership evolved over twenty years of coaching leaders in companies, non-profits, universities and government agencies. Before earning a master's degree in organizational development from Pepperdine University, and becoming an ICF Master Certified Coach, Patty was a geologist and manager leading initiatives in new technology and emerging markets in the energy industry. Patty and her husband, Roger Toennis, also developed the Versatility Factor assessment to foster gender-inclusive leadership that embraces both masculine and feminine values.