Manage episode 286652662 series 2588128
Today, I am blessed to have a THIRD conversation with Dr. John A. Lieurance. He is a Chiropractic Doctor, Registered Medical Assistant, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Expert, and has practiced in Sarasota for 24 years.
Dr. Lieurance has a gift for difficult cases where other practitioners have failed. With the successful integration of Functional Neurology, Chiropractic, Naturopathy, Nutrition using the Asyra, Detoxification Programs and LumoMed inner ear therapy. His Musculoskeletal Ultrasound training includes over 100 hours through the Gulf Coast Ultrasound Institute, 60 hours through AAOM, 90 hours through AOAPRM, and 60 through TOBI.
He also has extensive training for sterile lab procedures and the processing of blood platelets, bone marrow aspirate, and adipose tissue through Oregen Biologics, Emcyte Corporation, Ron Gardener, M.D. (orthopedic surgeon), Regenestem and the Ageless Regenerative Institute. He has been an assistant instructor for hands on practicum for diagnosis using musculoskeletal ultrasound for the 3rd Annual Platelet Rich Plasma & Regenerative Medicine Symposium in Los Angeles, California in 2015, and was a speaker at the Florida Chiropractic Physicians Association (FCPA) in Orlando, Florida in 2016 on Clinical Applications of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound.
He has completed training with Dr Richie Shoemaker in 2019 for diagnosis & treatment of CIRS and with the “Shoemaker Protocol”. His techniques include Continuing Chiropractic Education: Chiropractic Neurology, – Applied Kinesiology “AK”, Cold Laser Therapy, Extremity Adjusting, Sports Injury Taping, Rehabilitation of Sports Injuries, Lumbar and Cervical Disc Decompression, Pettibon Scoliosis through the Carrick Institute of Functional Neurology as well as Vestibular Rehabilitation & Movement Disorders through the Carrick Institute in 2012,’16, ’17, ’18. Dr. Lieurance is the developer of Functional Cranial Release and teaches, as well as certifies, these methods to doctors around the world.
In this episode, Dr. Lieurance opens the show by talking about my recent visit to his clinic. First, we dive into what we need to understand about back pain. When someone has back pain, the pain isn't the problem. Instead, it's what is causing the pain is the problem. If you're suffering from pain, then it's critical to get down to the root cause. That way, you can start getting proper treatment. We chat about TRT treatment, AVACEN, and PRP injections for back pain. Plus, we talk about the importance of fasting and why you want to consider taking a NAD supplement.
/ / E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
[01:50] Understanding Back Pain
- Anybody that has back pain, their problem isn't the pain. Instead, the problem is what's causing the pain.
- Chiropractors are taught to look at structural aspects of the spine. When you make an adjustment on a patient, you're actually improving the mechanical movement of the spine.
- When people have back pain, they’re convinced something is wrong with a disc. However, it may not be a disc at all.
- That’s why Dr. Lieurance likes prolotherapy. It’s a procedure where a natural irritant is injected into the soft tissue of an injured joint. Temporarily, you'll have relief from your pain. If the pain goes away, then the person needs to do a series of injections to heal the core of the problem.
[07:50] Healing The Body With TRT Treatment
- TRT (tissue regeneration technology) can help heal your body.
- The depth of penetration of this machine can treat hips and lower backs; it is really exceptional.
- TRT will stimulate stem cells and improve circulation. Dr. Lieurance will use that on a lot of patients with neuropathy.
- Any area where there's damage in the body, we can use TRT treatment to enhance significant healing in the body.
[10:10] How The AVACEN Works
- The AVACEN works on the sympathetic, parasympathetic nervous system.
- There's an incredible amount of representation of the hand in the brain.
- So, giving stimulus to the hand can have very powerful effects on the autonomics. Your autonomics are really the area of your nervous system that are taking the stress when you are in sympathetic.
- Basically, the AVACEN will switch people more into the resting and digesting mode.
[13:10] Getting PRP Injections
- The PRP injections are done around the ligaments. The PRP goes in as a liquid, and there's a little bit of an anesthetic in there. Very shortly after, it turns into a solid, like gelatin.
- Basically, it's grafting where the damage is in your back.
- The process is quick, but it is not enjoyable.
- PRP shots will help remove some of that fatty tissue in the back. These fatty tissues will develop in the back when those muscles aren't getting activated enough.
[20:20] The Feast-Famine Cycle
- Calorie intake is what dictates this feast-famine signaling.
- You're signaling your body to grow and repair, or you're signaling your body to clean and recycle.
- We have access to unlimited food, all season, all day, all night, and we take advantage of that.
- When you're feeding, you're inhibiting your body to actually clean and repair itself. So, we want to balance that out. That is why intermittent-fasting and fasting have become so popular.
- People are finding that fasting is mitigating a lot of diseases; they're literally able to reverse diabetes. Plus, fasting can improve cancer, autoimmune diseases, degenerative neurologic diseases, and all sorts of things.
- If you look at a lot of diseases, it’s happening because there is too much growth.
- Overall, balance is the answer.
[34:15] About NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)
- NAD is a substance that the mitochondria use to make energy, and it becomes depleted very quickly.
- When you provide NAD you're giving a lot of energy to the mitochondria. Sadly, every twenty years, you get a 50% decline in your energy levels.
- If you're not sleeping, you're drinking alcohol, or you have chronic stress, then you are greatly depleting your NAD.
- Lieurance created NAD+Max. Each suppository contains 500mg of NAD+, 250mg of NR (Nicotinamide Riboside), and 250mg of NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide).
- You can find it here: https://www.mitozen.com/product/nadmax/?v=7516fd43adaa.
[38:45] How The Microbiome Will Benefit From Fasting
- Fasting is a stressor to the microbiome.
- You have all these critters in your gut. When you take away food, then you are taking away its nutrients. So, it will be doing the same thing for them that it is doing for you – clearing the weaker bacteria.
- Once you start to refeed, that's when the microbiome can actually come back stronger.
- You will have a more robust gut, and you will have stronger bacteria.
[43:35] What To Do After The Fast
- After the fast, you want to signal the body to go and do repairs.
- For the most part, we want to signal mTOR after a fast, and the best way to do that is with protein.
- Lieurance is a big fan of essential amino acids as a supplement.
- If you really want to support your microbiome in its repair and regeneration, then take high-dose melatonin.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
- Ultimate Cellular Reset: https://www.ultimatecellularreset.com/
- Check out MitoZen: https://www.mitozen.com/ketokamp
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Dr. Lieurance
- Watch Anti-Aging Biohacking Routine with Keto Kamp & Dr John Lieurance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p6EmP6VFO8
- Listen to Dr John Lieurance | The Miracle of Melatonin, Upgrade Your Sleep & Prevent Cancer With Melatonin KKP: 185
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸clubhouse | @thebenazadi
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.