Manage episode 286820577 series 2588128
Today, I am blessed to have here with me the Founder and CEO of ENERGYbits, Catharine Arnston. Catharine started ENERGYbits after her sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and advised by her oncologist that an alkaline diet would help her heal.
Catharine immediately sprung into action to help her sister research alkaline foods and in the process she discovered algae. When Catharine learned that algae was the most alkaline, plant-based, nutrient-dense food in the world and had been used for fifty years in Asia to improve health and longevity, she knew she had discovered something big (and yes, her sister fully recovered - thanks for asking).
As Catharine dug into the science of algae, she learned it had 64% protein, 40 vitamins/minerals and was endorsed by the United Nations and NASA as the most nutrient dense food in the world. She also discovered there were 100,000 studies documenting its long list of benefits and it was the most sustainable, eco-friendly food crop in the world. And yet algae remained virtually unknown outside of Asia. How could this be possible? Catharine knew algae could be a game changer for our health, our children and our world if she could only convince people it wasn't weird. And so ENERGYbits was born.
It took Catharine ten years to bring algae into the mainstream and build ENERGYbits into a national company. We're glad she finally did, because now you and your family can benefit from our naturally grown, toxin-free, Non-GMO algae tablets too. A handful will help satisfy your hunger, help give you steady energy, and help ensure your nutritional needs are met. All this from a food that has one ingredient, no chemicals, caffeine, sugar or processing and is the most sustainable, safe, eco-friendly, crop in the world - algae. Your body and Mother Earth say thank you. And we do too.
In this episode, Catharine Arnston reveals the inspiration behind her algae research. After her sister's battle with breast cancer, Catharine knew she needed to get her message about the power of algae out and into the world. Algae has so many robust benefits, especially for people on the ketogenic or carnivore diet. Today is all about microalgae – it's called that because it's microscopic, 100 cells of microalgae could fit on the head of a pin. We talk about the differences between spirulina and chlorella. Plus, we dive into the importance of K2, omega-3, and why you need to ditch that fish oil.
/ / E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
Dr Phillips CBD oil, CBD gummies, CBD topical pain cream.
Use keto15 for 15% off: https://www.drphillipscbd.com/ketokamp
[00:40] About The Ingenuity Behind Catharine's Robust Algae Research
- Catherine didn't find algae; it found her.
- About 12 years ago, her younger sister developed breast cancer. Her oncologist in Canada said to change her diet to an alkaline diet because it would help with her healing.
- An alkaline diet is primarily a plant-based diet because of the phytonutrients in the chlorophyll – it has been proven to build your immune system.
- Alkaline is also very beneficial for anyone on a carnivore or keto diet.
- Algae is the most alkaline food globally; it's also the most nutrient-dense food in the world.
- One gram of algae has the same nutrition as 1,000 grams of fruits and vegetables.
- There are no anti-nutrients because algae is not technically a plant. It doesn't have any oxalates, phytates, or lectins.
[09:45] The Importance of Supporting Our Body's Cells Using Algae
- You have microalgae and macroalgae.
- Today we're talking about microalgae – it’s called that because it's microscopic in size, something like 100 cells of microalgae could fit on the head of a pin.
- The two we're going to talk about are spirulina and chlorella. They are not toxic because they are harvested in freshwater.
- Spirulina was the first life on Earth about 4 billion years ago. If you put the spirulina in the water, you'll see this blue, beautiful blue color come out. While on the other hand, chlorella is just a green pigment. Well, chlorella is a fat-based pigment.
- Spirulina has been scientifically proven to intercept the Covid virus. Also, it’s very energizing and an organic source of iron. Plus, it will help avoid the keto flu because it doesn’t increase your glucose or decrease or ketones. You can stay in your intermittent fasting without hunger using spirulina.
- Chlorella has the most chlorophyll. If you're not eating greens, you're missing out on this really wonderful nutrient. It will heal your cell walls, and it's effectively building your blood.
[24:10] The Reasons We Need Quality K2 In Our Diets
- K2 will pull out excess calcium from soft tissue.
- Almost everyone is deficient in K2 - that's exactly why heart disease started escalating.
- It can certainly help with your longevity and your appearance by pulling out all that excess calcium.
[27:50] The Strong Benefits Of Chlorophyll For The Keto Lifestyle
- Chlorophyll is like your cleanup squad for absorbing extra free radicals.
- When you match chlorophyll with sunlight, it actually generates ATP.
- So effectively, you're recycling the neutron or the electron so that it can generate ATP.
- Overall, the hack here is to consume some chlorophyll in the form of a high-quality source and then get some red light therapy or go outside in the sun.
[37:40] Let's Get Omega-3 From Algae Instead of Rotten Fish Oil
- The spirulina has more omega-3. So, if you're looking for brain health, that's the one you want for sure.
- You will absorb 99% of the omega-3 from algae rather than 5% from fish oil.
- The demand for fish oil is killing entire species of fish. In the oceans, we have dead zones. That won't happen with algae because it grows in freshwater, and you can grow it anywhere.
- Plus, fish oil goes rancid even before you buy it. Well, algae will never go bad.
[42:20] The Most Significant Amount of Tryptophan Globally Is In Algae
- Catharine usually recommends taking the spirulina in the morning and then again in the afternoon before a workout. Take the chlorella any time of day, but definitely before you go to bed.
- Chlorella has the highest concentration of tryptophan. It helps you with sleeping. It won't make you sleepy, but it will just facilitate the sleep process.
- When you are sleeping, that is when your body goes through a detox and repair cycle.
- When you have chlorella in your body while you're sleeping, it will be able to facilitate that detox much better.
- Also, chlorella particularly will help with peristalsis and bowel movements.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
Studies & Resources on Algae: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D4uhCwh9RXihhTXrri_nElpi757iBO9d?usp=sharing
- Check out ENERGYbits (use code: “ketokamp”): https://www.energybits.com/
- Follow ENERGYbits
- Email ENERGYbits: email@example.com
- WatchKeto Kamp on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUh_MOM621MvpW_HLtfkLyQ
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸clubhouse | @thebenazadi
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.