Manage episode 295109487 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Jeff Wells, Senior Editor of Grocery Dive. Grocery Dive provides in-depth journalism and insight into the most impactful news and trends shaping the grocery industry. The newsletters and website cover topics such as shopper behavior, omnichannel, e-commerce, pricing and discounting, store formats, and more.
Follow Jeff Wells on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-wells-08149426/
Follow Grocery Dive online at: http://grocerydive.com
Follow Grocery Dive on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/industry-dive/
Jeff answers these questions:
- It appears that while you aggregate grocery retail-related news, you are also producing original reporting and investigation. Is this true? Also, how do you source external content?
- How do you reach your audience? Email, website, other channels? What is the primary driver?
- Your site has a clearly marked opinion section. How do you decide when to author opinions rather than report on issues of interest?
- What are some of the most important subjects of late that you are seeking to inform on for your audience?
- What is your take on the phenomenal growth of Instacart as an eCommerce marketplace? Do you see any movement in mid-market grocery retailers to build their own eCommerce experience outside of this dominant player in the ecosystem?
- Amazon does not seem to have leveraged the pandemic to grow their Fresh home delivery business the way that Instacart and Walmart have. Are they overly focused on the new physical store format?
- How are retailers growing their private label business during the pandemic. Is eCommerce, good, bad or indifferent as it relates to private label?
- The pandemic has dramatically changed the in-store shopping experience, from shut-down salad bars to plexiglass barriers at checkout. When might we see things return to normal, and how might stores change for good?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.