Manage episode 291052478 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Declan Kennedy, CEO of StitcherAds, a Facebook Marketing Partner helping advertisers and agencies scale full-funnel performance marketing campaigns on Facebook & Instagram.
Declan joins us to talk about all the privacy changes resulting from Google's decision to end the use of 3rd party cookies in Chrome and Apple's new version of IOS that requires opt-in for any app tracking.
Follow StitcherAds online at: http://www.stitcherads.com
Follow StitcherAds on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stitcherads/
Follow Declan on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/declankennedy/
Declan answers these questions:
- This episode is all about advertising and the recent changes in the announcement from google and Apple. What is this announcement and how does an everyday consumer interpret this - is it good for them?
- Is this action good for brands or does it make personalization more difficult? Even impossible? What’s the real issue here?
- How are and will agencies accommodate this huge change? Does it impact re targeting and cookie based tracking permanently?
- Apple is releasing an IOS update in late April - you've already said this and it’s privacy related outcomes, what about those that have versions prior to this and old phones - do they get opted in automatically like before - do they have to upgrade, and what does a simple purple iPhone mean vs a new hardware - why did we not see a full suite of hardware? You also mentioned ‘flock’ as a tech term, can you decompose it for us
- Does this restrict the ability to collect 1P data and build a relationship with the consumer?
- What is your advice for this new change from platforms like google and apple for agencies and brands?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.