Manage episode 311071160 series 3082332
Being a speaker is something so many people connect with me on to hear my story on how I got started and advice for getting started themselves. After my almost 4 years as a speaker and learning directly from New York Times Bestselling Author, Cy Wakeman, who has built a successful speaking business over the last 20 years, I wanted to share all of my learnings with you!
On this podcast episode, I speak with Marcus Chambers about how he can get started with his speaking career. Marcus has recently graduated from the University of Oregon and has been signed by Nike as a track and field athlete. He is an Olympic hopeful and an incredible guy who has an electric spirit and a hunger to share his story and become a speaker.
I hope this information gives you some great ideas and tips for getting started on your journey.
In this podcast we cover:
- My story of getting started speaking 4 years ago
- My best tips for getting your first few speeches
- Best-practices for getting momentum to get your name out there
- How to get more testimonials after your speeches to build credibility
- How to build out your speech
- Best practices I've found in models to present your information
- How to learn from the best speakers in the industry
- And much more!
I think I've now had 10+ meetings on people that are interested in sharing their story through the platform of a live stage. This call is your reference to what I typically talk about in those meetings!
Always happy to connect if I am in your city to grab a coffee an discuss further.
I hope you enjoy and find this information helpful!
Much love. Alex
For more of my videos and behind-the-scenes footage of my keynotes and speaking engagements check out my YouTube Channel.
If you'd love for me to speak at your next event you can check out my Speaker's Page to learn more.
Let's keep ditching the drama.