The Life is a Marathon show gives you inspiration, motivation, and resources to empower you to thrive and win in the marathon we call “life!” Bruce Van Horn is a Life Coach, Mentor, Thought Leader, Best-Selling Author, Entertaining and Motivational Speaker, Dad, and Marathon runner. He brings his respected insight, wisdom, leadership, and storytelling abilities to this podcast to share with you information, tips, life-hacks, and entertaining and heart-warming stories with the goal of helping ...
Manage episode 277897631 series 2762883
This week, we spend some time with Meyers Leonard, an American professional basketball player of the NBA’s Miami Heat, and Co-Founder of Level Foods with his wife, Elle. Meyers’ outlook on life, hard work, and the relentless pursuit of excellence will motivate you. His never quit attitude has brought him through many personal and professional difficulties. Listen as Meyers shares his inspiring stories.
In this episode you will hear:
- I’m just a normal, blue-collar dude, who’s been thru the struggle, on and off the basketball floor.
- 2 things that help get me by - no matter what: My character and my work ethic.
- How can I help my team? Selflessness.
- There’s no chance I’m giving up.
- I want shit to get tough, because that when the mental edge takes over.
- Patriotism runs deep in my family.
- I can support the military because of my connections to it, but I still understand that there are issues in America, and I can support my teammates and what they have felt in their lives.
- I could’ve quit – I gave it 7 years – Then I went from getting booed to crowds chanting my name.
- People think that because I’m 7 feet; I’ve got millions of dollars; I drive nice cars – everything is great, but I’m still a normal human being. Sometimes things are hard.
- You are gonna get your opportunity and you better be ready.
- I wanna be known as a man who did something for someone else.