Manage episode 295626318 series 1984287
The world of tech can feel overwhelming, with endless resources available and many ongoing changes arising. On today’s episode we speak with Kim Osner, owner of Need Another You, a virtual, organizing and productivity company based in Washington, DC. She shares some golden tips for organizing and automating your tech life to support and organize your life, rather than being a hindrance to your productivity. We start off the episode with an introduction to our guest and she tells us why she considers herself to be a ‘tech extrovert’. We go on to talk a bit about Clubhouse, the new kid on the social media block. Next, Kim offers us a pearl of wisdom: most technological glitches can be resolved by changing a setting. She touches on the coin shortage during the COVID19 pandemic and tells us why it is beneficial to stick with one host when you are securing domains. We talk about marketing automation as a home base and Kim shares with us her preferred method of organizing content. She gives us some insight into the ile system she currently uses and tells us about the four inboxes that support this. Next up, we talk about the two parts of a tech audit and Kim emphasizes the value of setting reminders in your calendar. We talk about Clubhouse and TikTok and Kim stresses the importance of not just giving up your time to anyone who wants it. Tune in today for some stellar practical insights on making technology work for you. We hope you join us!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A bit about Kim’s background and why she considers herself to be a ‘tech extrovert’ [00:00:30].
- Kim’s tips on how to get comfortable using Clubhouse, the new kid on the social media block. [00:03:36].
- Why you should ask yourself: what part do I want to take on? [00:06:22].
- How most technological problems can be solved by changing a setting [00:09:37].
- Why there was a coin shortage during the COVID19 pandemic [00:11:45].
- Why it is beneficial to stick with one host when you are choosing a domain [00:13:44].
- How to find the domain that suits you and why this comes down to preference [00:17:23].
- Your marketing automation method as your ‘home base’ [00:17:30].
- Kim’s preferred method of organizing content [00:25:06].
- How Kim developed the file system she currently uses with four inboxes [00:27:31].
- The two parts of a tech audit: what you download and what you subscribe to [00:29:15].
- The value of setting reminders in your calendar [00:31:34].
- Thoughts on Clubhouse and TikTok [00:35:47].
- Why you don’t have to give up your time to any random person who wants it [00:38:12].
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: