Manage episode 326454251 series 2462973
Welcome to episode #824 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation - Episode #824 - Host: Mitch Joel. Do you trust the brands that you buy from? Has your definition of trust in business shifted through this pandemic? Shalene Gupta is a research associate at Harvard Business School and the co-author of The Power of Trust - How Companies Build It, Lose It, Regain It with Harvard Business School professor, Sandra Sucher. The Power of Trust was nominated for a Thinkers50 Breakthrough Idea award. In 2022, Shalene was identified as a thinker to watch out for and made the Thinkers50 Radar list. In the past she was a reporter for Fortune where she wrote about the intersection of diversity and tech. Before working as a reporter, she was a financial specialist for the U.S. Department of Treasury, taught English in Malaysia on a Fulbright scholarship and wrote a book documenting the history of the Malaysian Fulbright program. She has a BA in writing seminars and psychology from Johns Hopkins and an MS from Columbia Journalism School. She’s also a graduate of GrubStreet’s Novel Incubator program. Shalene has taught writing classes in the Boston area, spoken at conferences about trust and diversity, and is now thinking deeply about how we can learn to better trust one another and the companies that we work with. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 50:41.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Shalene Gupta.
- The Power of Trust - How Companies Build It, Lose It, Regain It.
- Sandra Sucher.
- Follow Shalene on LinkedIn.
- Follow Shalene on Twitter.
This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.