Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#384: How to Fix Your Elbows & Knees, High Reps vs. Low Reps, the Best Exercises For Core Stability & Lower Back Pain
Manage episode 295334720 series 40307
In this listener Q&A episode we cover a variety of topics that will help you reduce injuries and improve your joint health, and build size and strength faster. We also talk about music, fashion, essential life skills and a whole lot more.
Specific topics addressed include:
- How to bulletproof your elbows and knees.
- How to incorporate tire flips into your training.
- The best rep range for natural lifters.
- The difference between training for strength, speed and hypertrophy.
- How to avoid common injuries.
- How to avoid excessive fatigue from your workouts.
- Should you do low volume or high volume?
- Should older lifters do lower reps or higher reps?
- How to get published in magazines.
- The exact calorie and macro formula for muscle gain.
- Sample 20 minute workouts.
- Best exercises for core stability and lower back pain.
- How to build muscle with calisthenics plus weights.
- Home gym equipment recommendations.
- Can you drink beer and hit your goals?
- My favorite shoe brands for styling and training.
- Why I first got into improv.
- How many row variations should you include in a back workout?
- The top 25 hip hop songs of all time.
This episode is brought to you by Belcampo. Food quality matters, especially when it comes to the meat you eat! Belcampo’s farms produce only the highest quality grass-fed, grass-finished meat. Their beef, lamb, pork and poultry is certified organic and humanely raised on a climate positive farm.
Go to Belcampo.com/Jay and use the coupon JAY10 to save 10%.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens help detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
This episode is also brought to you by Rock Hard Science. The Phoenix Pro is a medically supervised acoustic wave therapy device for men. Improve performance easily at any age from the comfort of your own home.
Go to RockHardScience.com/Jay to get $500 off the do-it-yourself home bedroom performance tool for men.