Manage episode 216031671 series 2110819
Sam Stellplug is currently a core faculty member, a night hawk doc at Regions and the program director for our Toxicology Fellowship. He has a diverse history that informs his style and manner of practice and I really had fun exploring what he had to say.
- Introduction and Sam’s Background
- Performing an Annual Family Assessment
- Work fulfillment
- Shift preparation
- Night Hawk Thoughts
- Post Night Turn Around
- Sam’s Drug Cocktail for Night Shift Success
- Learning from community practice – self assessment of the Event Log
- Benefit of verbal communication with nurses about new orders
- Test ordering and result dichotomization as the sole key to fulfillment in emergency medicine (we spent A LOT of time here)
- Supervision of learners and methods to train based on learning level
- Translating Brazilian Jujitsu to Emergency Medicine and personal improvement
- Managing emotion during typically stress inducing events
- Hey, is that John Candy?
- Wait. I have a question!
- Wrap up – Sam’s already got his kid managing multiple patients.