Manage episode 262498632 series 2663586
In this episode of Portrait of a Londoner we speak to Melissa Thompson owner of the food and recipe project and popular Instagram account Fowl Mouths Food https://www.fowlmouths.co.uk/
Portrait of a Londoner is a South-east London based podcast and in the first series we will be talking to people who live or work in Forest Hill, South-East London https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Hill,_London.
If you are a new listener to Portrait of a Londoner, we would love to hear from you! Contact details are below
In this episode, we discuss:
- Her parents and their influence
- Growing up in Dorset and early experiences of racism
- Her early years as a journalist at The Mirror
- Transitioning to working in food, running supper clubs and founding Fowl mouths
- Coming out to her parents
- Her LGBT activism
- Her experience of being a parent as a gay, black woman.
If you would like to find out more about Melissa you can check her out on:
Join the Conversation
Visiting our Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us email@example.com
Please rate review and subscribe to our podcast!