Manage episode 297524960 series 2355180
Glo Atanmo tells all about creating a passion led business and a blog that adds value to her business.
Sometimes there’s a podcast guest that joins me on Online Marketing Made Easy and they leave me, well… speechless.
Speechless because they live life on their own terms and their adventurous spirit can teach us a thing or two about this entrepreneurial life we might not have considered before.
Glo Atanmo is one of those people.
Featured in Oprah Magazine, Conde Nast, Essence and more, Glo got her start at 16 when she purchased her first “big girl” domain and taught herself coding basics -- fast forward to today, a decade later, and she’s running a 7-figure business, traveling the world and blogging about it as she goes.
In this episode we talk about Glo’s tips for using a blog to build a business -- and yes, you definitely need to dust off your blog and get it back up and running -- she also tells the story of how she got her start with just $500 in her pocket, and what you need to know today about succeeding as a multi-passionate entrepreneur.
And if you thought Glo was finished there, you haven’t met this inspirational icon.
Because Glo shares her 5-point framework for building a sustainable business -- and what passion has to do with it.
Hear that, my fiery entrepreneurs?
Glo is spelling out exactly how much to bank on your passion when starting a sustainable business...and the 4 factors that support your passion to make sure that you’re playing the long game.
If we’ve piqued your inner travel bug’s interest -- it’s time to hit play and join us!
This interview was so much fun and I can’t wait for you to hear how it inspires you in your next business adventure.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [04:28] When Glo was 22, she took $500 and booked a one-way ticket to Europe. She shares the scariest thing about this experience and how she had to get scrappy.
- [07:59] The biggest lesson she learned was that opportunity will find you if you are available and always find gratitude in each situation. Everything is an opportunity to thrive and grow.
- [13:43] Glo has expanded her business into a digital course teaching other bloggers how to land brand deals, which allows her to connect with female bloggers who have a deeper mission.
- [23:22] Is blogging still effective? As a writer, Glo shares how she feels blogs fit within a business model.
- [27:18] Passion is needed for a sustainable business, but you also need purpose, a promise, to be proficient, and be able to speak to a pain point.
- [35:12] Action step: Work through Glo’s 5 P’s: passion, purpose, promise, be proficient, and pain point.
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!