Manage episode 296378558 series 2355180
And the Not-So-Mysterious Breakdown of Free vs. Paid Content
Imagine how it would feel to show up to your next content creation sesh with clarity and confidence, knowing exactly what YOUR boundaries are between free and paid content.
Sounds amazing, right?
Well, I’m going to show you how to finally let go of the white-knuckle fear of sharing your stuff for free.
Because look, I get it.
As an entrepreneur, it’s the ultimate rock and hard place.
- Why would my audience ever be willing to buy from me if I’m teaching them concepts for free?
- How would they ever trust that I know my stuff if I don’t share anything with them until they fork over the cash?
That’s why I’m taking a page out of the book of my beloved Crime Junkie podcast and getting to the bottom of this great entrepreneurial mystery in this episode -- once and for all.
In this episode, I’m giving you the down-to-the-decimal details on:
- How much free content you should be sharing with your audience (and I’m talking specifics!)
- 3 questions to ask yourself to make sure that your free stuff isn’t overstepping and undervaluing your paid offers
- The one thing your free content needs so your audience can say an ENTHUSIASTIC YES to becoming a paying customer
- The actual free content that I released ahead of my Digital Course Academy launch that prepared my audience for DCA...rather than turn them off of it.
So grab a notepad and press play! We’ve got a mystery to solve.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [02:31] Free content is the what and of what you're teaching while paid content is the how and step-by-step.
- [05:40] A good rule of thumb is that 20% of your paid content can be revealed in your free content.
- [13:49] Be generous with your content. Have an abundance mindset and know that there is more than enough to go around.
- [15:47] Ask yourself these questions when determining what to include in your free content: Do I teach the exact same thing in my course? Where's my audience right now in relation to this exact topic?
- [24:52] Action steps: Do a mini content audit, and develop an abundance mindset when it comes to free content.
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!