Manage episode 293464723 series 2355180
If you’ve ever thought about how it might look to work less days in your business, check out the experiment my team and I are in the middle of testing.
When I first pitched the shorter work week idea to my leadership team, well… I was met with crickets. The idea of the work week happening only Monday through Thursday felt a bit unattainable.
And while I was really excited about the idea myself, I know the team’s concerns were valid and so we agreed to try it for 90 days as an experiment.
Right now we’re 60 days in, and have uncovered some really interesting stuff that I wanted to share with you.
Since I’m a big believer in going first and showing what’s possible for you, it’s my hope that this episode helps show you what you need to know about the 4-day work week process -- especially if you’ve been thinking about ways to add more time back into your week.
You’ll also learn more about:
- WHY a shorter week was something I wanted to implement and how our team why might spark some ideas for you
- Processes to set into place when it comes to your team, communication, and what the new work week looks like
- The different categories to create plans for as you look at your day-to-day systems and expectations
- The 3 MUST ASK questions you need to answer before making the leap and how they’ll help you determine if this is for you
If reading those highlights pulls at your imagination strings and gets you thinking about your own work schedule -- grab your notebook and pen -- because this is definitely a note taking episode.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [02:21] Learn some of the reasons why my team and I have decided to test out doing a 4-day work week.
- [06:36] Read the book Shorter: Work Better, Smarter, and Less Here's How.
- [11:38] Get clear with your team, if you have one, how you want to organize and go about preparing for the 4day work week. What are concerns that come up and how can you troubleshoot them?
- [15:05] Sit down and discuss any issues that may come up, and create a guideline document to help guide your team.
- [19:44] Find out the tools we use to make our 4-day work week efficient and possible.
- [22:33] Set a date and time to meet with your team to see how the experiment is working and how you can improve or pivot.
- [36:59] Action Steps: How will this professionally benefit you? How will this personally benefit you? What will it mean if you don't move to a four-day work week? Get clear on these answers, start with step one, and read the book Shorter.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
‘I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy.’