Manage episode 279408760 series 2829113
Excerpts from Smith, Huston. The World's Religions, Revised and Updated (S.85-93). HarperOne. Kindle-Version.
Covered here in 9:52 minutes:
In this episode, we learn about the Hindu worldview, and how it sees all other religions in her context.
"To the question, “What kind of world do we have?” Hinduism answers:
- A multiple world that includes innumerable galaxies horizontally, innumerable tiers vertically, and innumerable cycles temporally.
- A moral world in which the law of karma is never suspended.
- A middling world that will never replace paradise as the spirit’s destination.
- A world that is maya, deceptively tricky in passing off its multiplicity, materiality, and dualities as ultimate when they are actually provisional.
- A training ground on which people can develop their highest capacities.
- A world that is lila, the play of the Divine in its Cosmic Dance—untiring, unending, resistless, yet ultimately beneficent, with a grace born of infinite vitality."
Brought to you by OM By The Beach (https://ombythebeach.com), Josef Schinwald, MDiv