Manage episode 295859039 series 2842778
After being laid off at 7 months pregnant in her corporate job and faced with pregnancy discrimination when job hunting, Brea Starmer was thrown into consulting. Her experience inspired her to launch her agency, Lions and Tigers, which is a marketing, operations and strategy consultancy building a bridge to the future of work.
Today, Brea has a team of nearly 100 consultants that work flexibly and part-time by bringing highly-skilled workers to organizations through her innovative and inclusive business model.
On top of scaling this business to almost 8-figures, Brea is the mama to 3 little ones and just returned from her first ever maternity leave with her baby girl.
In this episode we discuss:
- The three steps you need to take before you start consulting
- How to become a part-time consultant
- How to price your services and find your first clients
- How to sell your consultancy services (vs. filling an internal role)
- Key systems to put into place when running a team and scaling while working part-time
- What does flexibility look like in the future of work
Brea is an absolute powerhouse mama looking to change the future of work while helping other highly skilled women (especially moms) have flexibility and access to the workforce.
Follow Brea at
Come join me in my sandbox of life and in this podcast to explore, play and discover something new every single week.
Subscribe and tune in weekly because I know you've yelled "Mommy's on a Call" at least once in the last week!!!
For show notes, visit www.MommysonaCall.com