Manage episode 286229102 series 2886156
Triza started out DJing and selling beats online on SoundClick at a young age of 14 . He eventually moved to Atlanta where he got under the impactful mentorship of people like Rico Love and Usher. He had the opportunity to do records with Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, and artists of the like.
At the same time, Triza began his journey of entrepreneurship by dabbling in eCommerce, setting up online stores to sell sneakers and his girlfriend's beauty supplies.
Now, Triza divides up his time between making beats in the studio, co-hosting Sound Oracle's UnQuantized Podcast, and running a online market place for leading industry producers to sell their sound kits.
Today, he’s going to talk about the beginning of his journey, the symbiotic relationship of industry networking and online business, and the key mistakes he's learned along the way.
- 00:37 The story of Triza
- 01:45 Building your own business, freedom and entrepreneurship
- 02:51 From Soundclick to eComm business, DJ’ing and making beats
- 05:01 The importance of being early adopter
- 06:32 Using skills outside music to network in music industry
- 11:31 What does “give value first” actually means?
- 12:15 Transferring eComm skills to music
- 15:03 Creating business which you care about
- 15:54 Task delegation, first hire and productivity
- 21:33 First steps to get a VA, tracking your time & tools
- 25:32 Prioritizing & plan your tasks
- 28:52 Treating your music career is a business
- 30:23 What worked for Triza?
- 32:41 Learning the concept & modeling what works
- 34:35 Beat Traffic Blueprint
- 36:24 Free + Shipping funnels, increasing value of your product
- 37:50 Overcoming objections and what makes people buy
- 40:41 The beauty of working together
- 42:55 This is a collaboration game
- 45:20 Giving value first
- 47:13 Your introduction determines a lot!
- 49:11 Connect with Triza
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube:
Please subscribe, rate, and review our podcast. Thank you for your support!