Manage episode 286229107 series 2886156
For this episode of the Midi Money Podcast, I’m joined by yet another fantastic guest. Please help me welcome the one and only - Kato!
With over 14 years of experience in the industry, he produced beats for various multi-platinum Grammy-nominated artists. He’s worked with Joyner Lucas, B.o.B., K CAMP, Tory Lanez, Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck… and the list just goes on.
Besides being an amazing beat maker, producer, and entrepreneur, Kato is also an expert in brand development, with a massive social media following to back that claims up.
Today, you’re going to hear all about his story of how he built his brand from the ground up, along with some incredible industry insights.
We’ll discuss the best practices for building an awesome team, how to grow your brand and your business, and Kato is also going to give a short masterclass on collecting music royalties.
If you’re an aspiring music producer who is finding it difficult to level up their business, this is a conversation you don’t want to miss.
- About Kato, his backstory... (0:53)
- The challenges of having to wear many different hats in the music industry (3:48)
- Why you need to build a great team (5:35)
- Letting go of being a one-man-band is key for growth (9:11)
- When is the right time to start building your team? (12:16)
- A message for people in their early 20s (13:47)
- Kato’s full breakdown of music royalties (17:20)
- Do you need to copyright your beats? (23:39)
- Get your priorities in order (25:52)
- The most important thing you need as a music producer (28:52)
- Trying out different things to figure out your path (31:40)
- How to attract a particular group of artists (35:49)
- Kato’s experience with holding online rap contests (39:59)
- It’s ALL about the journey (44:48)
- A couple of quick-fire questions from listeners (49:17)
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube:
Please subscribe, rate, and review our podcast. Thank you for your support!