Manage episode 285161156 series 2355763
Has lockdown left you feeling a little bit down in the dumps? Join Gordon today for yet another motivational episode as he tells you how to turn your mindset into a winning one. Today Gordon discusses how a winning mindset is subjective to you as an individual, the importance of utilising your time and how daily habits help create your reality.
- It is really important in these times to focus on mindset and being a winner. Without a winning mindset you are not going to win. Winning is not about having the most money or the biggest business as that is not where happiness lies, it is about winning in your world.
- Everyone is winning in life because they are alive. Unless a human being changes their perspective on what winning means to them, then they will always be chasing something different. They will always be looking towards the future rather than living in the present.
- The word ‘win’ is an acronym for ‘what’s important now’. We’ve all got 24 hours in a day, the trick is what you do with it. Look at what is important to you right now and what you need to focus on to get you where you want to get to.
- Follow one course until you’re successful. Choose the course you want to go down and have the discipline to see it through until the end. Focus all of your energy on that goal and do the best job you could possibly do to help you achieve it.
- Daily habits create your reality. Focus on your daily habits of a winning mindset and go forth and create the dreams, goals and aspirations you have. Everything that you want to achieve is in the palm of your hands and nobody else's. It is not that other people are lucky it is that they are extremely focused.
“If we’re always going to judge ourselves against other people, we’re going to push ourselves away from us, the real being, the person that we are.”
“Happiness for me is winning.”
“It is really important that you’re happy with the simple things in life”
“Start with gratitude, be thankful that you’re here and really set your state in the right way to move forward.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Gordon Burcham is a best-selling author, 3 x World martial arts champion, and award-winning Martial arts school owner. He has helped 1000s of Martial arts schools grow and has over 20 years of experience running martial arts schools.
Gordon has been training, teaching, and working in the Martial Arts industry for nearly twenty-five years. After earning his first black belt, he went on to win three consecutive World Titles against guys half his age. In 1998, in the midst of his competitive career, he launched his own dojo which still runs today. After retiring from the competitions, he decided to focus more on helping others in the MA business while still running his club.
Burcham has trained with industry giants like Alfie Lewis and developed his street-smart business attitude working with top business coaches. He is now considered one of the foremost authorities on peak performance in the business side of the MA industry. He has proven his techniques work through the transformation in his own personal life, athletic career, and business as well as those of his coaching clients. Burcham teaches that success is the result of forming good habits and moving forward.
He is a real-life success story going from bullied school kid to earning multiple world titles, and his MA school is currently one of the most successful in the UK. Gordon loves self-development and helping others, enjoys travel and family time. He is now learning how to fly planes and pursuing a speaking career!
Learn How to Become Black belt in Business.
Learn -Develop - grow and you will succeed.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.