Getting things done in marketing (technology) - Darrell Alfonso, Global Marketing Operations Manager @ Amazon
Manage episode 279183310 series 2361217
It's one thing to formulate and define a marketing strategy, realizing all those ideas in practice is a completely different ballgame. This is exactly what marketers in marketing operations do according to Darrell Alfonso: getting things done!
In this episode, Elias and Mark have a chat with Darrell Alfonso, the Global Operations Manager at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Darrell has a strong background in marketing technology and has experience with tons of tools, including Marketo.
We discuss the following:
- The role and importance of marketing operations
- What marketing metrics to measure for success
- Measuring against 'what if we did not do any marketing efforts?'
- Trends in Martech for 2021
- The importance of marketing attribution
LinkedIn Darrell Alfonso: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrellalfonso/
Website Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com/