How To Flip Your Math Class The Right Way!
Manage episode 308247406 series 2471185
In this episode, we’ll unpack the real flipped classroom, how to transform a typical lesson into an engaging problem based math lesson. We’ll share how to slowly emerge shortcuts instead of giving them upfront and finally we’ll chat about what to do if students aren’t engaging with the problem based lesson we’ve just transformed!
- How to structure your lessons around the”real” flipped classroom;
- How to transform a typical lesson into an engaging, problem based math lesson;
- How to slowly emerge the shortcut instead of giving it upfront;
- What we can do if students aren’t engaging with our problem based lesson; and,
- What to avoid when planning your lessons.
Make Math Moments 3-Part Framework
Stacking Paper Sequel [Lesson]
Get a Customized Math Improvement Plan For Your District.
Are you district leader for mathematics? Take the 12 minute assessment and you’ll get a free, customized improvement plan to shape and grow the 6 parts of any strong mathematics program.
Take the assessment