Manage episode 289460558 series 1578399
Douglas Adams’s iconic novel was posthumously adapted to the screen by Garth Jennings and features a star-studded cast (Martin Freeman, Mos Def, Zooey Deschanel, Sam Rockwell, Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, etc.), but does it do the novel justice? In episode 177, Luke & James are joined by Tyler Clawson of the Between Lewis & Lovecraft podcast to talk about the Americanization of British humor, Trillian’s romantic options, and even make some suggestions for changes to the screenplay. They end by casting their votes on which was better: the book or the movie!
- Listen to Between Lewis & Lovecraft: https://lewislovecraft.weebly.com/
- Become a Patron to view our new Tier-Ranking video: www.patreon.com/inktofilm
- Shop in the NEW Ink to Film Bookstore! (which now includes “Rebecca Moon & the Boy in the Bottle” by T. W. Clawson) www.bookshop.org/shop/inktofilm
- Ink to Film's Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (@inktofilm)
- Home Base: inktofilm.com
- Intro Music: “Heaven and Hell” by Jeremy Blake