Manage episode 296012811 series 2943348
Lightspeed India Partners is one of India’s largest and most successful venture funds, having funded the behemoths of the Indian Startup Ecosystem including the likes of BYJU's, OYO, Udaan, ShareChat and many more.
Bejul Somaia is one of the legends of India’s Venture Ecosystem, having started Lightspeed in India back in 2008 and now expanding it to South-East Asia.The man with the Midas touch, Bejul had famously led the investment in OYO, which led to a 35x Exit and has further backed phenomenal companies like Udaan, Shuttl, Magicpin and many more.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (02:28) : How does a Venture Investor make decisions?
2. (05:04) : How does Bejul continue to be a Founder as a VC?
3. (07:54) : What really counts as Winning in the Venture Business?
4. (10:53) : How does the double-edged sword of pattern recognition work in Venture?
5. (14:22) : Do Venture Investors really take risk? ~ Understanding risk in the Venture Business
6. (16:53) : How does Lightspeed look at Venture Capital and What is the fund's strategy?
7. (20:40) : What stands out amongst the extremely special founders?
8. (24:00) : How does coaching work in Venture and How does Bejul think about the Investor-Founder Partnership?
9. (27:55) : Understanding how to build genuine long-lasting Relationships!
10. (30:51) : Conclusion
Here is the 50th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - The Venture Business Decoded!
That was it from this Episode, thanks again for tuning in! :)
Do not forget to Subscribe to our WhatsApp Newsletter.
Do share the Episode with your friends if you liked the content :)
"If you never try, you never know"