Manage episode 295816299 series 2943348
Blume Ventures is an institutional venture capital fund with more than 225 Million Dollars in Assets Under Management. Blume is a homegrown fund, which has scaled exponentially since it was founded in 2010 having institutionalised its approach bagging portfolio companies like Unacademy, Dunzo, WebEngage, Purplle, GreyOrange, Milkbasket, HealthifyMe and more, it has invested cumulatively invested in more than 145 companies to date. Blume is definitely one of the most successful VC Funds in India making it the much coveted cheque that all aspiring Founders hope to receive.
Karthik Reddy is one of the most prominent figures of the Indian Venture Ecosystem. With tons of experience under his belt, his wisdom and insights are unparalleled. I loved speaking with Karthik and picking his brain on a lot of abstract thoughts around Venture Capital, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (03:28) : How Indian Venture Capital is Changing & is Capital just a Commodity now?
2. (12:35) : What counts as a Win for LPs, Investors & Founders ?
3. (23:04) : What makes the top 1% Founders truly Special?
4. (29:30) : The Paradox of Pattern Recognition in Venture Capital
5. (40:09) : What is the value add of Board of Directors & how can Founders look at them?
6. (50:03) : Karthik's Decision Making Process
7. (58:05) : Productivity Hacks & More - Parting thoughts by Karthik
Here is the 40th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Demystifying Venture Capital!
Thank you all for tuning into this Episode!
"If you never try, you never know"