Manage episode 295816300 series 2943348
Tracxn, more popularly known as the Bloomberg for Private Markets, is a revolutionary vertical SaaS product making it easier for venture capital institutions, fortune 500 companies and other private equity firms to understand & deal with customised data in a comprehensive manner!
Abhishek is an extremely thoughtful, kind and knowledgeable founder, who is almost always ready to help & support those making an attempt at shaping history! An early part of the Ecosystem, Abhishek worked with Accel in India as a venture capital investor for 3 years from 2008 to late 2010, before treading on his own entrepreneurial pathway with UrbanTouch. During these formative days, he tread the first journey as a Founder, witnessed the boom of the likes of Flipkart and observed the pain of the lack of automation as an Investor.
Tracxn is now one of the leading players in their market, with a humongous presence across the entire globe, and backed some of the leading angel and institutional investors of the world. Strong fundamentals, great leadership, airtight processes, data-driven decisions and streamlined communication has led Tracxn to do incredibly well!
Additionally, Abhishek also happens to be an extremely active angel investor and mentor to multiple founders, extending his hand of support almost always for the progress of the Ecosystem.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (04:10) : What about the Indian Startup Ecosystem gets Abhishek going?
2. (09:33) : The GTM & Founding Journey of Tracxn
3. (11:55) : The advantages & disadvantages of Category Creating Products in SaaS
4. (16:02) : The secret to efficiency at Scale
5. (20:44) : Abhishek's Angel Investing Journey
6. (24:22) : The importance of Angel Investors for Founders
7. (27:11) : Understanding the importance of Board Constructs
8. (28:41) : Developing conviction & investing in a Company
9. (32:11) : Why trends are not too significant
10. (34:11) : Abhishek's Founder Persona - What is he chasing?
11. (36:40) : Prioritisation framework
12. (38:18) : Realising the Importance of "Help"
13.(41:25) : Abhishek's frameworks & tools to make decisions
14. (44:09) : The learnings in terms of Do Not's
15. (46:31) : The ONE trait which makes Founders stand out
16. (47:18) : Summary
Here is the 39th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Shaping History!
Thank you all for tuning into this Episode!
Abhishek shares some great value on LinkedIn, do check him out and follow him for great insights & value!
"If you never try, you never know"