Manage episode 295816304 series 2943348
Spring Marketing Capital is a skin-in-the-game marketing capital firm, working towards building stellar brands some of which include - BYJUs, Epigamia, Practo, Cure Fit, and others. One of the most spectacularly creative firms, Spring is creating a category of its own, disrupting the ecosystem in the country. Check them out at - https://springmarketingcapital.com/
Raja Ganapathy, is a tremendously insightful and valuable individual, who has had a variety of diverse experiences throughout his career. From Ogilvy to Deutsche Bank to Sequoia India and finally, Spring.
Through the Episode we discuss the following:
1. (3:20) : The Golden Circle of Marketing for Startups
2. (8:58) : All about Spring Marketing Capital!
3. (14:25) : Raja's journey & thought process
4. (19:12) : How VC is changing & Is capital just a Commodity?
5. (24:20) : What is Brand Building & Why is it Important?
6. (33:08) : The Role of Founders in Brand Building
7. (37:13) : Is every company a Content Company?
8. (42:28) : The art of asking the Right Questions in Marketing
9. (46:42) : The Conundrum of Organic Traction & measuring Marketing
10. (51:31) : Building Marketing Teams & Hiring a CMO
11. (53:23) : The Fund-Founder Fit for Spring
12. (57:36) : The secret to Spring's performance
13. (60:05) : Raja as a Leader & the Role of Articulating Well
14. (65:46) : Parting Lessons (Surround yourself with Giants & practicing Humility)
15. (68:40) : Summary
Here is the 35th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Marketing 101!
If you are further curious, here are a couple of interesting reads & listens by Raja -
2. Raja on the VCpreneur Podcast
Thank you all for tuning into this Episode!
"If you never try, you never know"